Data transmission modules
Smart modules for data transmission at the manufacturer's price
In 2000, the Ukrainian government starts the process of installation of devices for individual metering of gas, water, heat and electricity (energy) consumption for homeowners. So, the question is how to take readings from a huge number of meters and to process the data obtained by metering devices. On the simplest cheap meters, only visual readings are available. Further, these data must be transferred to the city center of the energy sales organization for processing and billing for payment. At the end of the billing period (month), the owner must take the readings of the gas, water and heat meter and provide data of the consumption of resources to sales organizations. It can be done by telephone or the Internet or using paper media. This process causes a lot of inconvenience and trouble for the owner. As the number of installed meters increases, the load on the manual processing of information by payment centers increases. In addition, when manually (visually) taking readings, transmitting and processing information, there are frequent cases of its distortion, errors, deliberate falsification of readings, as there are no conditions for verifying the authenticity of the data provided by the owner. That’s why employees of energy supply companies must control meter readings, the absence of signs of interference on the installed gas meters. All these increase the cost of energy resources and creates difficulties for access controllers in private households, as well as inconvenience to consumers.
We offer the way to reduce labor costs, to solve problem of access of employees to objects, to check accuracy of work of gas meters by installing on the gas, water and heat meters Smart data transmission module for remote gas meter reading. It is developed by our company on the basis of LoRaWAN or GSM / GPRS wireless technology. Data is read simultaneously from all metering devices and automatically transmitted to the energy supplier and / or consumer, ACMH, the management company. Besides, the user receives from each meter not only the readings in the end of month, but a set of data for a certain period (daily, hourly, etc.). Consumers can use this information to reduce their own gas consumption, to detect leaks, to control consumption of household devices. The consumer is able to receive data from his device regardless of their location, to control the accuracy of billing and to pay only the consumed energy, to buy energy at a lower prepayment price (for example gas) and to control and optimize its costs.
The users of the automatic meter reading can be both energy end consumer (owners of apartments, homes, management companies, condominiums, village administrations, settlements, schools, hospitals, gardening, industrial enterprises, etc.), as well as gas suppliers, water, heat, etc.
Advantages of Smart Data Transmission Modules and Automatic Meter Reading
- high reading accuracy of gas meters and transmission of readings from metering devices
- full data for payment systems, workflows, etc;
- payment only for the consumed energy;
- energy efficiency management;
- receiving summary data on comparative consumption, consumption history, resource efficiency, etc;
- automation of billing and payment;
- Ease of balance consumption - simultaneous reading from all metering devices;
- no need for admission to the flats with installed metering devices;
- data readings from devices installed in hard to reach places;
- the absence of hard-wired lines from metering devices to data collection devices;
- reducing the cost of maintaining the energy consumption control service;
- elimination of the possibility of human-related errors;
- alarms of emergency states, including attempts of unauthorized interference in the work of meters, theft of energy resources, detection of leaks, etc;
- remote control of energy supply (shutdown for non-payment);
- use of 868 MHz public frequencies - LoRaWAN technology, 900/1800 MHz - GSM / GPRS (no need to obtain permission and pay for frequency use);
- High durability of Smart data modules from a single battery: LoRaWAN technology for at least 10 years, GSM / GPRS technology for 8 years.
Equipping gas meters with our smart data modules gives you a real opportunity to move to a higher quality level of legal relationship between supplier and consumer.